Inflammation of the joints is nothing but called arthritis. It can affect one joint or multiple joints. There are two types of arthritis that is very common, one is osteoarthritis and another one is rheumatoid arthritis. However, the symptoms of the arthritis usually develop over the time period, but they may also appear suddenly.
The disease is mostly seen in adults who are over the age of 65, but it can develop in children, teens, and young adults also. Arthritis id commonly found in women compared to men and it develops in the people who are overweight.
Flexible connective tissue, cartilage is firm in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue causes some forms of arthritis.
Harmful effects of the disease
- Edema, swelling of the feet
- Stomach upset
- Stomach ulcer
- Possibly increased risk of blood clot, hence heart attack and stroke
- Elevated blood fats and blood sugar level
- Increased susceptibility to infection
- Difficulty in breathing, nausea, vomiting, rapid or weak pulse
- Increased risk of serious infections